Constipation can be an uncomfortable and bothersome condition. Fortunately, medications like Laxido are available to provide relief for your symptoms.
When you take Laxido, it usually starts working after 1-2 days. In some cases, you might see results in as little as 6 hours, but that’s not typical. To get the best results, you should take it as soon as you feel the need for relief.
Factors Affecting Laxido's Onset of Action
There are several factors that can influence how quickly Laxido works:
- Dosage Strength and Frequency: Follow recommended guidelines for best results
- Individual Bowel Patterns: Everyone is different, so be patient with your body’s timing
- Hydration and Fluid Intake: Stay hydrated to support Laxido’s action
- Dietary Habits: A balanced diet with fibre helps Laxido work better
- Presence of Medical Conditions: Health issues may affect Laxido’s effectiveness. Consult your healthcare provider if needed
Common Side Effects - more than 1 in 100 people
While Laxido is generally well-tolerated, like any medication, it can lead to certain side effects in some people. These include:
- Diarrhoea: Loose and frequent bowel movements
- Indigestion: Feelings of discomfort or bloating in the stomach
- Stomach Pain: Abdominal discomfort, characterised by rumbling or aching sensations, might be experienced by some users
- Excessive Wind: Excess gas in the digestive system may lead to flatulence (passing gas), and burping
- Nausea or Vomiting: this can occur in rare cases, especially if the body is sensitive to the laxative
- Sore Bum: The passage of frequent stools can lead to irritation and soreness around the anus
Serious Side Effects - call 111 or visit 111.nhs.uk now
While serious side effects from Laxido are rare, it’s essential to be aware of them and take immediate action if any of these symptoms occur.
If you experience any of the following rare but serious side effects, contact a doctor or call 111 right away:
- Uncontrollable diarrhoea or experience persistent vomiting
- Unexplained fatigue or feeling excessively tired
- Difficulty breathing or sudden shortness of breath
- Unusual swelling in the ankles, feet, or legs could indicate oedema
- Sudden and significant weakening of your muscles
- Any abnormal or irregular heart rhythms
For more information on the side effects of Laxido, please visit the official NHS website or consult the leaflet inside the medication packaging.
Order Your Laxido Prescription with Healthera
If you’ve been prescribed Laxido by your GP or you want to buy it from your local pharmacy, you can place your order from the comfort of your home by using the Healthera app.
It only takes a couple of minutes to set up your order for collection or home delivery from your local pharmacy.
To get started, simply click the button below and choose whether you’d prefer to order through our website or app: