Entresto is a medication used to treat heart failure. It works by helping the heart pump more efficiently and improving symptoms of the condition.
How Entresto Works
Entresto works by combining two components, sacubitril and valsartan. Sacubitril helps widen blood vessels and reduce fluid buildup by increasing the levels of beneficial peptides. Valsartan blocks the effects of a hormone that can constrict blood vessels and cause fluid retention.
Do not take Entresto if:
- You are allergic to sacubitril or valsartan
- You have a history of angioedema (rapid swelling of lips, tongue, throat, or face)
- You are currently taking an ACE inhibitor
- You are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- You have severe liver impairment
- You have diabetes and are using a medication containing aliskiren
Side Effects of Taking Entresto
You should inform your GP or pharmacist immediately for further guidance if you are experiencing any of these side effects:
- Low blood pressure (dizziness, lightheadedness)
- Elevated blood potassium levels (muscle weakness, palpitations)
- Kidney problems
- Fatigue and tiredness
Serious Side Effects
If you are showing the following signs of an allergic reaction from taking Entresto, phone 999 immediately to receive medical attention:
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling of your face, lips, tongue or throat
- Hives breaking out on your skin
Get Your Prescription Online from Your Local Pharmacy
If you’ve been prescribed Entresto by your GP, you can place your order from the comfort of your home by using the Healthera app.
It only takes a couple of minutes to set up your order for collection or home delivery from your local pharmacy.
To get started, simply click the button below and choose whether you’d prefer to order through our website or app: