Clonazepam is a medication that belongs to the benzodiazepine family, and is frequently prescribed to treat panic and seizure disorders.
Taking clonazepam helps to stop epileptic seizures, fits and anxiety by increasing levels of a neurotransmitter called gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) in the brain.
Though this medication can be a great tool in helping you overcome your symptoms, it’s important to understand that taking clonazepam alongside certain other medications can increase your likelihood of experiencing side effects.
So if you’re already taking medicines for the following conditions, you should inform your GP before taking clonazepam:
- Bacterial or fungal infections
- Epilepsy (anticonvulsants)
- Mental health issues (antipsychotics or antidepressants)
- Pain (strong painkillers like codeine or tramadol)
- Muscle spasms
- Blood pressure management (ACE inhibitors, calcium channel blockers, diuretics)
- Sleeping aids (hypnotics)
- Allergies (antihistamines that cause drowsiness)
It’s also important to note that you should avoid herbal remedies, alcohol or anything else that can cause drowsiness while taking clonazepam.
Order Your Clonazepam with Healthera
If you’ve been prescribed clonazepam to treat your condition by your GP, and you’re happy that you aren’t taking any of the medication types listed above, you can order your prescription online with Healthera.
It only takes a few minutes to set up your prescription for collection or home delivery from your local pharmacy.
To get started, simply click the button below: